Crunchy on the outside and cakey on the inside, these Butterscotch Chip Brownies are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules (optional)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, brought to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8in baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder together.
- In a separate bowl (I used an electric stand mixer, but you can mix everything by hand if you’d like!, cream the melted butter and sugar together at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, and then the eggs one by one, making sure each egg is incorporated into the mixture before adding the next one.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredient mixture into the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool on cooling rack before slicing into squares.
Keywords: Cakey Brownies, Butterscotch Brownies, Easy Brownie Recipe