Get ready to rock your cookie exchange and holiday party with these fun and festive Chocolate Peppermint Blossom Cookies!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, brought to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling the cookies
- 32 unwrapped Hershey Kisses
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars on medium-high speed for 3-6 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and stir until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Add the granulated sugar to a small bowl and set it next to your baking sheet. Unwrap the Hershey Kisses and set aside.
- Scoop and roll 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of dough at a time. Roll each ball in the bowl of sugar and arrange them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes, until the tops of the cookies are starting to crack. Quickly remove the baking sheet from the oven and place a Hershey Kiss onto the top of each cookie, pressing down slightly.
- Place the baking sheet back into the oven and bake for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for about 10-15 minutes, before transferring it over to a wire rack. The cookies will take about 2 hours to set completely.
Keywords: blossom cookies, christmas baking, holiday baking, holiday cookies