Coconut Lime Bars
These Coconut Lime Bars feature a coconut shortbread crust, topped with a smooth and tart lime filling. They’re the perfect summer treat!
- Author: Ann
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Coconut Shortbread Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut (toasted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (cut into cubes)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Toast the coconut flakes in a skillet or pan. Cook over medium heat until flakes are golden brown. Set aside in a small bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 square baking pan with nonstick spray and/or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cooled coconut flakes, and powdered sugar. Add the butter and cut into the flour mixture until coarse lumps have formed.
- Press shortbread dough onto the bottom of your greased baking pan and bake for 25 minutes, until the edges are just turning brown.
- In the meantime, add the egg yolks to a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk for 2 minutes. Add the condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice and whisk until combined.
- Pour the lime filling on top of the partially baked crust and place back into oven for 15 minutes, until the filling sets.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for an hour. Then, transfer the pan to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares, and enjoy!
Coconut shortbread crust adapted from Bon Appetit.
Note: calorie information is generated using an app and may not be 100% accurate.
Keywords: Coconut Lime Bars