These eggnog doughnuts are super moist and come together in under an hour. Get creative with your decorations! I garnished my doughnuts with ground nutmeg, nonpareils, sparkling sugar, crushed candy canes. The possibilities are endless here!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425F and grease the doughnut pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggnog, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla. If using an electric mixer, beat on low speed using the paddle attachment until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture and beat until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag and fill each cavity 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Allow doughnuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Bake the remainder of the batter.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar to a small bowl and pour the eggnog and rum extract on top. Whisk until combined.
- Dip each doughnut halfway into the glaze. If decorating, make sure to add the decorations right away so that the glaze doesn’t set on you. Store the doughnuts in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Savory Simple.
Keywords: Eggnog Doughnuts