These Oatmeal Lemon Cream Bars are perfect for the lemon lover. No mixer needed and it comes together in under an hour!
Hello hello everyone! I am finally back after a brief hiatus. During the break, I started a new job, Frank and I did a mini renovation of the kitchen which gives me a little more space to bake, and I attended a food photography workshop. Talk about productive!
I hope you give these a try. If you do, feel free to let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe — I’d love to hear from you!
Oatmeal Lemon Cream Bars
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F and spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the cookie mix into a large bowl and cut the butter into the mix using a pastry blender. Add the egg and continue to mix until the mixture is crumbly.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture in half and press the first half into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir the condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice together. Once the oatmeal cookie mixture is done baking, pour the lemon mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Loosely crumble the second half of the oatmeal cookie mixture on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow pan to cool on cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, transfer the pan to the cooling rack and allow it to cool for another 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 34.7
- Sodium: 261
- Fat: 12.5
- Saturated Fat: 6.8
- Carbohydrates: 51.3
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 4.8
- Cholesterol: 47