A dense and moist pumpkin loaf, packed with spices and topped with cream cheese frosting!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (*make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces full-fat block cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- Adjust your oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray (I use the kind that contains flour).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together.
- In a medium bowl, mix the canned pumpkin, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon to push the dry ingredients against the bowl to create a well. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the well and fold all of the ingredients together with a rubber spatula. Make sure not to over-mix – it’s okay if the batter is lumpy!
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and flatten the top with your rubber spatula.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until golden brown. Insert a toothpick into the center and make sure it comes out clean before removing from the oven.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. After that, turn it out onto your cooling rack and let it cool for at least 1 hour before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whip the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract together using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer at medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar, about half a cup at a time until the frosting is smooth and thick. Depending on your desired consistency, you can add less/more confectioner’s sugar.
- Use an icing spatula to spread the frosting on top of the loaf.
- Once the frosting has set, sprinkle just a tiny of bit of cinnamon on top and gently swirl it around with your icing spatula.
If you’d like, you can add the following right before pouring the batter into the loaf pan: 1) 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts 2) 1 cup dried cranberries
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 27.4
- Sodium: 297
- Fat: 12.3
- Saturated Fat: 7.4
- Carbohydrates: 45.1
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 62
Keywords: Pumpkin Bread