A bite-sized red velvet treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day breakfast. No mixer needed!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, red food coloring, and white chocolate chips into the dry mixture and whisk until combined.
- Optional: Leave some white chocolate chips aside to sprinkle on top of the batter before pouring it into the tin. This is purely cosmetic. 🙂
- Fill each cavity of the muffin tin until they’re about 2/3 full using a #60 cookie scoop or a tablespoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pan to cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn the muffins out onto the cooling rack and bake the next batch.
Keywords: Red Velvet Muffins