Thumbprint cookies are my absolute favorite–this recipe is super simple and you can fill it with whatever you like!
- 3/4 cup seedless jam of your choice
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) full-fat block cream cheese (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Fill a zip top or piping bag with the jam and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until combined (about 30 seconds), scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and whisk at low speed until combined, about another 30 seconds.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough (or use a #60 cookie scoop), roll the dough into balls, and lay on the prepared baking sheet. You’ll want to space them about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Lightly press the bottom of a teaspoon measuring spoon into the center of each dough ball to make a small indentation.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Make sure to only bake one sheet at a time.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and use the bottom of the teaspoon measuring spoon to reshape the indents in the cookies.
- Take your zip top/pastry bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe about a 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each cookie.
- Put the baking sheet back into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Follow the same steps for the next baking sheet!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to complete the cooling process.
Keywords: Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies