White Chocolate Chai Cookies
Lightly spiced, soft and chewy, and topped with white chocolate chips? This White Chocolate Chai Cookie recipe will pretty much be the only cookie recipe you’ll need this fall.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 2.5 hours
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, brought to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, brought to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and spices together.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the unsalted butter for about 2 minutes. Then, add sugars and mix at medium speed for another 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg and mix at low speed until just combined.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredient mixture in and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Take out the dough to allow it to come to room temperature while the oven heats up.
- Scoop out about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough (or use a #40 cookie scoop) and roll into a ball. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. You should have 12 dough balls per half sheet. If you’d like, go ahead and place some extra white chocolate chips on top!
- Bake one sheet at a time for 12 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring over to a wire cooling rack.
Keywords: Fall baking recipes, Chai cookies, Chai white chocolate, Fall recipes