These Holiday Spritz Cookies are the the perfect treat to bring to your next family gathering, and all it takes is 7 ingredients!
Happy Holidays, all!
With Christmas juuuuust around the corner, I’m sure you’re all up to your necks in baking/cooking/preparing for family festivities. I know my oven hasn’t gotten a break these last couple of weeks (just last week, I made a batch of the best chocolate crinkle cookies, which I first posted last year!).
If you’re not sure what to bring to the table this year, give these Holiday Spritz Cookies a shot! With just a few basic ingredients and a piping bag, you’ll want to keep this timeless recipe in your back pocket for gatherings to come.
These cookies really remind me of those irresistible Royal Dansk butter cookies. You know the ones I’m talking about. Blue tin? Just a few bucks at your local store? Yep. My mom made sure we always had a tin at home and my mouth still waters a little bit every time I see them at the store.
Well, luckily, this recipe ensures that I’ll always have a batch of these cookies on hand. I used a cookie press which I *highly recommend* doing because you’ll get consistently beautiful cookies every time! If you don’t have a cookie press on hand or you’d prefer being more hands-on, you can use a pastry bag and a star tip instead. There’s no wrong way to do it!
You can also divide the dough up and dye it if you like. You’ll see that I did so for the Christmas tree cookies and they turned out to be adorable! Just add some sprinkles on top and you’re all set.
Using the cookie press, I ended up with 90 cookies. Yes, NINETY! That may seem like a lot, but I like to think of these cookies as snack-sized… which means I can munch on quite a few without feeling guilty. That’s pretty sound logic, right?
I hope you all have a wonderful time with your loved ones this holiday season! Let me know if you give these a shot by dropping a comment and rating the recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I’ll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.Print
These light and buttery spritz cookies are the perfect cookies to bring to your next family gathering!
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Adjust your oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, using either a hand or stand mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter, sugar, and salt together until light and fluffy. Beat in the yolk and cream mixture until just combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed and stir in the flour until combined.
- If you’re using a cookie press to make the cookies, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to fill the press. If you’re using a pastry bag, fill the bag up with half of the dough and pipe the cookies (using a star tip) about an inch apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are a light golden brown on the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes after baking, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
Keywords: Holiday Spritz Cookies