These light and buttery spritz cookies are the perfect cookies to bring to your next family gathering!
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Adjust your oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, using either a hand or stand mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter, sugar, and salt together until light and fluffy. Beat in the yolk and cream mixture until just combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed and stir in the flour until combined.
- If you’re using a cookie press to make the cookies, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to fill the press. If you’re using a pastry bag, fill the bag up with half of the dough and pipe the cookies (using a star tip) about an inch apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are a light golden brown on the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes after baking, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
Keywords: Holiday Spritz Cookies